We are just getting started
Shardlands has been out for one and a half weeks now and the response has been quite positive. Those who have left a written 5-star review on the App Store have really loved what we have done. Thanks for those great reviews. We also have several 1-star reviews because of the problems on the older devices. The first update to fix those memory issues was submitted to Apple on Monday and it will hopefully become available during the next week. Also, the icon is now replaced with a completely new one. I think some of you will be pleased.
In the next update that we are currently working on, we respond to some of the main criticism. The game does feel a bit too slow paced for some players. We thought about ways to make the game faster and reduce the waiting times when moving in the game world.
Here is the list of changes:
- Dash ability
- Activates on double-tap
- Transforms Dawn into a glowing ball
- Movement speed doubled
- Dashing uses energy which drains over time
- Energy is fully restored when Dawn is inside a beacon
- Dashing can be used freely when in the Hub
- Monsters are killed instantly from a distance when Dawn is in the beacon area
- There is no longer need to wait at a beacon for the monster to run closer
- Dawn and Monster running speeds increased by 20%
- Teleportation wait time halved
- Some difficulty tweaks to all levels (Dashing will be required to overcome some obstacles)
Raimo has also been working on 2 more challenging levels. Those are coming too.
Dash ability in action: